February 19, 2011

Valentine's Dinner



 I am such a lucky wife.
Sam prepared this fabulous dinner for me while I was at work. Although I knew he was making one of our favorite dishes - rack of lamb - I had no idea he would surprise me with a dozen red roses, too!














 Although Julia Child's The Way To Cook was a Christmas present from Sam's mom to me in 1990,  did she know that her clever son would be the one to use the recipes? Using Julia's recipe, Sam prepares the lamb with a fragrant rosemary and mustard coating that is too-die-for. This year he added a demi-glace sauce from scratch and side dishes of stuffed tomatoes provincale and wild rice.
A sweet strawberry tart (from Publix bakery) and a piping hot espresso completed this romantic meal.
Sam...I think I'll keep him!

No comments: