Teachers observed that students who participated in the public library summer reading program:
- returned to school ready to learn,
- improved their reading achievement and skills,
- increased their enjoyment of reading,
- were more motivated to read,
- were more confident in participating in classroom reading activities,
- read beyond what was required in their free time, and
- perceived reading to be important.
Read the complete report here
Kudos to all the kids who actively participated in their public library's SRP and to the children's librarians who worked so diligently to encourage them!